Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Sandbox test run: Fallout: Hell-A

My husband has been itching to play some kind of post apocalyptic fallout/gamma world type thing so I think I am going to oblige him to get some experience running a sandbox game before I run the fantasy sandbox. I don't have to do anything to a system and have something that works that is easy and we're all familiar with; the White Wolf WoD core book is only 200 pages long and has everything I need to make just about any antagonist and give the hubby and the kid plenty of character options. All I have to do is put together the Sandbox, which will be a fun little diversion. Lots of random tables for scrounging and I'm going to make a bunch of square city geomorphs that I can put together randomly. I like map making so it shouldn't take too much work. I'm going to run it in the LA environs in the Fallout setting since we're all familiar with it and played the hell out of FO3. We also have the big Prima guide and I am going to steal sewer plans and stuff out of there to rearrange too.

4 comments:

  1. PA is my favorite genre! Hope you guys have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've always talked about it but never ran more than one or two sessions. :) I'll post game reports evetually when we start playing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to hearing how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know your going with a WOD based system, but have you looked at Atomic Highway? It's sort of a Road Warrior meets Fallout.

    ReplyDelete